Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
When it comes to something as important as mammography, only the highest quality of care should do. Rest assured you have that at Pullman Regional Hospital.
BICOE means quality
As a designated ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) by the American College of Radiology (ACR), Imaging Services has achieved the gold standard in breast imaging. That means we have voluntarily undergone peer-review evaluations conducted in each breast imaging modality by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field, to determine that we have achieved high practice standards in image quality, medical equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs. The BICOE certification indicates that we have earned accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, and breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy), and MRI. We are honored to be recognized for earning this designation and it is a large reason why women are choosing Pullman Regional Hospital.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Pullman Regional Hospital has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care.
- Our Imaging technicians and radiologist are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging, interpret your images, and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
What does the gold ACR seal mean?
When you see the gold seals of accreditation by the ACR prominently displayed in Imaging Services, you can be sure that you are in a facility that meets standards for imaging quality and safety. Board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field have determined that Pullman Regional Hospital has achieved high practice standards in image quality, provider qualifications, equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs. The ACR is the largest and oldest imaging accrediting body in the U.S. and a professional organization of 34,000 physicians. Not only are we BICOE designated but our imaging services are ACR accredited.
We are proud to display our ACR gold seals of accreditation in all eight imaging modalities:
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Nuclear Medicine
(509) 336-7446 | firstname.lastname@example.org