Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary
Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary exists to support patient comfort and healing needs through fundraising activities.
Have-A-Heart Fundraiser (now through February 10th)
Surprise your Valentine with a fun and creative gift this year! Choose from seven different package combinations of See's Candy, cookies, and stuffed toys. All packages include a personalized card and FREE delivery within the Pullman city limits. Or, pick up your package at Diane’s Gift Garden in Pullman Regional Hospital, Tuesday, Feb. 14th from 8am to 6pm. Place your order by February 10th. Download the order form, or pick one up at the Pullman Regional Hospital Gift Garden.
About the Auxiliary
The Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary is a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization that exists to support patient comfort and healing needs for Pullman Regional Hospital. The Auxiliary is managed by a volunteer board of directors and has a hospital liaison which supports Auxiliary activities. The Auxiliary makes annual financial contributions to Pullman Regional Hospital for the purchase of patient care items. Since its inception in 1968, the Auxiliary has donated more than $532,072 towards patient care to Pullman Regional Hospital. The Auxiliary does this by operating the Gift Garden and by putting on unique volunteer supported fundraisers.
2017-18 Auxiliary Board of Directors
- Wesley Ann Schulhauser, President
- Jackie Sue Wilkins, Past-President
- Sharon Hall, Vice President
- Lynda Carey, Treasurer
- Marie Weiss, Secretary
- Sue Hinz, Newsletter Editor
- Sharon Adams, Gift Garden Actuary
- Beverly Poole, Activities Chair
- Nikki Nolt, Gift Garden Manager
- Diane Wilson, Past Gift Garden Manager
We Make a Significant Impact on Patient Care
This year, hospital departments were granted their requests for funding totaling $20,842.07 for patient comfort care items. Each Spring, hospital department leaders may submit requests for funding of items. These are elements that do not meet the requirements for capital expenditures but are deemed necessary by the departments to make patients' hospital stays more comfortable. The auxiliary has generously funded these requests since 1968.
2017 Auxiliary Grants:
- Generosity Inspires for the Birthplace: materials for rice bags for laboring mothers, $846.50
- Birthplace: patient boards for rooms, $1,856.00
- Birthplace: glass bathroom shelves, $575.92
- Care Coordination: registrations for pediatric End of Life Nursing Education Consortium courses, $1,650.00
- Marketing: funding for promotional items for Generosity Inspires program, $1,000.00
- Marketing: art cart and supplies for art therapy classes, $350.00
- Nutrition Therapy: pedometers for Healthy Steps Together program, $422.12
- Nutrition Therapy: yoga mats for Healthy Steps Together program, $137.94
- Registration: children’s books, coloring books and crayons for ED waiting area, $100.00
- Social Work: gas cards, art supplies, fleece blankets, and End of Life Nursing Education Consortium course registrations, $4,000.00
- Summit Therapy and Health Services: Feeding Team positioning chairs, $579.89
- Summit Therapy and Health Services: pelvic health table, $3,677.70
- Summit Therapy and Health Services: acoustical ceiling tiles, $1,146.00
- Volunteer Chaplains: clinical pastoral education, $3,000.00
- Volunteer services: continuing education training for volunteers, $1,500.00
Auxiliary Volunteer Opportunities
When you become an Auxiliary member, you join a group of dedicated community members who are an integral part of the Pullman Regional Hospital family. The Auxiliary depends on volunteers just like you. We make every attempt to match your skills, interests and availability.
Christmas Tree Raffle—Committee members recruit individuals and businesses to decorate a table-top tree to be raffled during the Christmas season. The committee delivers undecorated trees, picks up decorated trees and transports them to the hospital and to the Holiday Tea.
Gift Garden—Gift Garden volunteers keep the gift shop running so hospital visitors can buy gifts and cards for patients and staff. Our gift shop is operated by Auxiliary volunteers. Gift Garden volunteers must also be on record with the hospital as a Community Volunteer.
Have-A-Heart—Volunteers take orders for chocolate, cookies, balloons and stuffed animals for delivery or pickup on Valentine’s Day. Volunteers assemble orders and deliver to the recipients.
Holiday Tea—In December, Auxiliary members, their friends and community members are invited to this traditional High Tea. Volunteers assist in baking, serving and/or hosting a table.
Special Events—The Auxiliary needs volunteers to set up, decorate and staff event booths for fairs, festivals and community events.
Contacting Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary
Wesley Ann Schulhauser, Auxiliary President (509) 332-2110 or firstname.lastname@example.org