Safe Sleep Practices
We are committed to reducing infant Sleep-Related Deaths by pro-actively promoting best safe sleep practices and by educating on infant sleep safety.
- Always place your baby on his or her back to sleep.
- Place your baby on a firm sleep surface, such as on a safety-approved crib mattress, covered by a fitted sheet.
- Do not use pillows, blankets, bumper pads, or sheepskins in your baby’s sleep area.
- Keep soft objects, toys and loose bedding out of your baby’s sleep area.
- Do not allow smoking around your baby.
- Make sure nothing covers the baby’s head.
- Keep your baby’s sleep area close to, but separate from where you and others sleep.
- Dress your baby in light sleep clothing such as a one-piece sleeper and do not use a blanket.
- Baby should not sleep in an adult bed, on a couch, or on a chair, alone or with anyone else.