Education And Rehabilitation
The Orthopedic Center of Excellence provides comprehensive patient education to those considering or scheduled for joint replacement surgery. The Orthopedic Care Team offers a monthly Total Joint Replacement Preparation class at which participants learn how to prepare for their surgeries to achieve the best outcome and what to expect after surgery and during rehabilitation.
Members of the Orthopedic Care Team are available during the class for your convenience to speak to you one-on-one and answer your questions. These include:
- A physical therapist and occupational therapist to answer your equipment and recovery questions
- Patient Financial Services representative to answer your insurance and billing questions
- Nutrition Therapy staff to discuss the best nutrition before and after surgery
- Same Day Surgery nurse to discuss pre-operative procedures
- Medical/Surgical nurse to discuss your post-operative care
- Pharmacist to discuss medication and pain management
Your orthopedic surgeon will see you in the hospital after surgery. In addition to your surgeon, the nursing staff and physical therapy staff at Pullman Regional Hospital are part of your care team after surgery and it is important to follow their instructions to ensure proper care and healing.
Once you are out of the hospital, recovering at home or in a care setting, following prescribed exercises for rehabilitation is critical. You will eventually be strong enough to do exercises with a physical therapist, at which time Summit Therapy & Health Services is your partner in rehabilitation.
Joint Replacement Preparation Class Schedule
Our classes are held the third Monday of each month at 3 pm in Hospital conference rooms C & D. To view our next class please visit our events calendar.
The class is free and open to the public. No RSVP is required. CLICK HERE to download the flyer.
Joint Replacement Preparation Class Instructors
Director, Physical Therapist
Physical Therapist Assistant