Building on Surgical Excellence
Surgery Expansion Project
Over the past five years, surgical procedures performed at Pullman Regional Hospital increased by 20 percent, and demands from physicians grew rapidly. This is partly due to the fact that PRH is the only hospital in the region to provide da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery, which has proven beneficial for multiple surgical specialties.
The hospital previously had three operating rooms that were fully utilized 85 percent of the time by 20 physicians:
- general surgeons
- ear nose and throat specialist
The PRH Board of Commissioners identified the surgery expansion project as the highest need in 2016, and called for the addition of a fourth operating room, along with technological upgrades to the three existing operating rooms. These upgrades included installing the latest in surgical technology, such as viewing monitors, LED lighting, new surgical booms, and high definition cameras. The $2.3 million project launched in 2017 and was collaboratively funded by generous donations from the community and Pullman Regional Hospital.
Now that this phase of the expansion is complete, Pullman Regional Hospital can serve the growing needs of the community more effectively and remain a leader in surgical excellence.
“Pullman Regional Hospital is the best hospital in the area. From a statistical standpoint, we have extremely low complication and infection rates and the most consistent and experienced operating room staff in the area. I like operating here because my patients are taken care of. I feel pretty lucky as a surgeon to live in a community that has such an excellent facility.” -- Ed Tingstad, MD, Inland Orthopaedics Surgery & Sports Medicine Clinic
Surgical Concierge Services
We know having surgery can be an anxious time. There are lots of details to arrange, such as finding a hotel room in Pullman or a place to keep your pets overnight. We can help. Concierge Services is here to answer your questions and provide resources to help you manage your stay at Pullman Regional Hospital. If you are planning for surgery, please call us at (509) 336-7466.
- Discounted "Pullman Regional Hospital Surgical Patient" rate with participating hotels in Pullman*
- Discounted "Pullman Regional Hospital Surgical Patient" rate at Tail Waggin' Adventures pet care in Pullman
- Circles of Caring Adult Day Health for a disabled, dependent adult who needs care while you are in the hospital
- Financial counseling that can tell you what insurance will cover and your out-of-pocket cost
- Free Red Sage Bucks for meals at Pullman Regional Hospital's Red Sage Cafe
- 10% off of $10 or more purchase at Diane's Gift Garden in the hospital**
Carol Carney with Concierge Services
Give her a call at (509) 336-7466
*Participating hotels are Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard by Marriott, and Residence Inn in Pullman. Blackout periods apply.
**Some exclusions apply at Diane's Gift Garden.