Caring for Baby Program
Let us support you!
Let us support you after your discharge home through the Caring for Baby Program. Complete your experience with Pullman Regional Hospital's BirthPlace with your FREE follow-up appointment. Your nurse can schedule your appointment before you leave.
Education and questions answered on breastfeeding:
- Is my baby latching correctly?
- Is my baby eating enough?
- Do I have enough milk?
- How do I prevent sore nipples?
- How do I use a breast pump?
- Should I eliminate "gas producing" foods from my diet?
Education and questions answered for common questions:
- How many wet diapers is enough?
- How much weight should my baby gain?
- When should I seek out help?
- Am I getting the baby blues?
- What is the period of PURPLE crying?
Please note: This visit is intended to support new families with their needs as new parents. This visit is not intended to take the place of your follow-up visits with a physician. This visit is not intended to replace an individual breastfeeding consultation for medical complications such as: breast soreness, low milk supply, a slow growing infant, mothers with prior breast surgery, etc.