Dr. Noel Schulz, Washington State University Professor of Engineering and First Lady, will be the keynote speaker for the Women’s Leadership Guild Non-Profit Awards Luncheon on Thursday, November 9th. The luncheon will be held at the Residence Inn of Pullman from noon to 1:30pm. Lunch will be provided at this no-cost event that is open to the community.
The Women’s Leadership Guild has successfully raised more than $70,000 since its inception three years ago. Membership contributions provide funding to support women’s and children’s health and wellness through grant awards to non-profits and support Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs.
Regional non-profits are invited to apply for grant funding every August and awards are announced at a celebration luncheon in November with funds being awarded in December. After reviewing 2017 grant applications, members voted to award funds to seven regional non-profits to empower their actions and mission to make life better for women and children.
Eleven non-profits submitted applications for the 2017 grant cycle, and members voted to award funds to:
- Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse—funding to enhance children’s advocacy in the emergency shelter, children’s group and in the public office.
- Community Action Center, Food Bank Garden Program—funding for ingredient and supply costs to offer free food, nutrition, and gardening educational opportunities (scratch cooking classes and food budgeting classes) to underserved women and children.
- Families Together for People with Disabilities—funding towards parent education classes to provide parents of a special needs child (age birth to three) education, tools and support for healthy, emotional development, to promote positive parent-child relationships and reduce the chances of child abuse and neglect.
- Family Promise of the Palouse—funding to support homeless families obtain a stable income and housing by supplying hygiene and first aid products, gas cards, and supporting parenting classes and Day Center supplies.
- iBelieve of the Palouse—funding in support of providing free, healthy meals and a safe meeting place for on collaboration days and during conference weeks.
- Jefferson Weekend Snack Pantry—funding to supplement the food available for Pullman School District children and their siblings during weekends and long school breaks with backpacks distributed with age appropriate food choices.
- YMCA of the Palouse—supporting the Mission Nutrition program aimed at elementary children in the Y afterschool program. This teaches children about nutrition, healthy eating and lifestyle choices with hands-on activities for participants to learn food preparation skills.
Now in its third year, the guild continues to recruit members who want to make a meaningful difference through the power of philanthropy. Learn more about the Women’s Leadership Guild: http://www.pullmanregional.org/wlg
Contact: Alison Weigley, Assistant Director of Development, Marketing & Major Gifts
Pullman Regional Hospital Foundation