Speech Sounds Visualized
English Pronunciation Training created by a Speech Language Pathologist
Clear communication is the key to success - let us show you how!
An accent is something to be proud of, as this can be an important representation of who you are, and where you come from. However, if you feel that your accent impedes your interpersonal communication, then allow us to help you find balance between maintaining your accent while being better understood by others. The Speech Sounds Visualized app uses revolutionary, never before seen imagery which will help you understand how the English speech sounds are formed. Other products use computer-generated imagery to demonstrate the English speech sounds. Our app is the only one that uses x-ray technology to improve your understanding. This, combined with written instruction from a highly trained Speech Language Pathologist, provides you with an extraordinary tool for learning.
Speech Language Pathologists know that to address pronunciation issues, we must first master the sound in isolation. That is the primary emphasis for this app, in part because there is a need for this amongst current programs addressing pronunciation. Once all of the sounds are mastered at the isolation level, practice may begin at the word level. Eventually, you will feel confident enough to practice these sounds in sentences and within conversation.
- Revolutionary x-ray imagery helps users understand how sounds are produced at the most basic level.
- Recording feature allows users to record their own sounds to compare to the instructional sounds.
- Combination of visual, auditory, and written instructions cater to a variety of learning preferences.
- Users are able to practice sounds in the context of words.
Highlights & Related Links:
- Speech Sounds Visualized was featured on Be the Entrepreneur Bootcamp.
- Speech Sounds Visualized made its debut on November 11th at the Palouse Discovery Science Center.
- Summit Speech Therapy
This innovative imagery was made possible through cooperation between Pullman Regional Hospital Center for Learning and Innovation and GemIIni Educational Systems. The radiographic imagery was approved through an Institutional Review Board, and in conjunction with a Radiation Health Physicist.
For more information, please email SSV@Pullmanregional.org.
Delivered by: Dr. Trinh and Izzie,RN
ParentsRubikah and Vimonish
Date and TimeDec 2, 2017 4:37 PM
Weight and Length6 pounds 12 ounces 19 1/2 inches
Mindful Self Compassion Training Series
Self compassion is a skill that can be learned by anyone.
The Pullman Regional Hospital Center for Learning & Innovation is offering an 8-week class about Mindfulness-Based Self Compassion from Rebecca Bohn, MA, MSC. Enrollment in this class includes 24 hours of instruction, experiential exercises, a workbook, meditation instruction, home practices, retreat, and other practice tools.
- Dates: This 8-week class runs from March 8th - April 26th, 2018.
- Time: Thursdays from 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Pullman Regional Hospital Conference Rooms C/D
- Fee: $325 - Sliding scale and scholarships available. Individual insurance plans may reimburse for the course.
For more information, or to register, please contact:
Rebecca Bohn, MA, MSC.
Brain Fitness Class
Improve brain health and reduce the risk of dementia.
Washington State University and Pullman Regional Hospital Center for Learning & Innovation have partnered to offer group brain health interventions for middle-aged and older adults. The group offers education, training, and problem-solving to improve engagement in preventative health behaviors that will improve cognitive function. Participants will be assigned one of two intervention conditions or a wait-list condition.
Eligible individuals age 40 years and older must:
- Be willing to participate in a seven-week group intervention
- Be able to participate in cognitive testing
- Speak English fluently
- We will screen for eligibility
The goal of this study is to establish the efficacy of a brain health intervention to minimize cognitive decline and improve everyday functioning and quality of life for healthy older adults. Participants can receive up to $300 honorarium and a report about their cognitive performances.
- This seven-week program will begin on February 23rd, 2018.
- Participants may choose between Friday afternoons 12:30 - 2:30 pm, evenings 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm or Saturday mornings 10:00 am - 12:00 noon.
- Classes will be held in Pullman Regional Hospital Conference Rooms C/D
- Participants will benefit by gaining knowledge of healthy lifestyle factors to reduce risk of dementia and strategies and techniques we hope will help improve cognitive functioning and quality of life.
For more information, please contact:
Cognitive Aging and Dementia Laboratory
This project has been reviewed and approved by the Washington State University Review Board for human subject participation.
A partnership with the Palouse Discovery Science Center.
Pullman Regional Hospital Center for Learning & Innovation has partnered with Palouse Discovery Science Center to create an exhibit focused on health and wellness education.
- Educate - Teach children, preteens, and families about health and wellness.
- Promote - Encourage student engagement in health and life sciences careers with a focus on STEM.
- Learn - Familizarize youth with medical environments, terminology, and instrumentation.
Director of the Center for Learning & Innovation
Healthier Communities Coordinator
Delivered by: Dr. Hall & Nicoline,Rn
ParentsAndi & Scott
Date and TimeDec 3, 2017 3:34 AM
Weight and Length9lbs. 22in.
Delivered by: Dr. Trinh & Dianna,RN
ParentsCrystal & Shaine
Date and TimeNov 30, 2017 3:41 PM
Weight and Length6lbs. 11oz. 18in.
Surgical Concierge Services
We know having surgery can be an anxious time. There are lots of details to arrange, such as finding a hotel room in Pullman or a place to keep your pets overnight. We can help. Concierge Services is here to answer your questions and provide resources to help you manage your stay at Pullman Regional Hospital. If you are planning for surgery, please call us at (509) 336-7466.
- Discounted "Pullman Regional Hospital Surgical Patient" rate with participating hotels in Pullman*
- Discounted "Pullman Regional Hospital Surgical Patient" rate at Tail Waggin' Adventures pet care in Pullman
- Circles of Caring Adult Day Health for a disabled, dependent adult who needs care while you are in the hospital
- Financial counseling that can tell you what insurance will cover and your out-of-pocket cost
- Free Red Sage Bucks for meals at Pullman Regional Hospital's Red Sage Cafe
- 10% off of $10 or more purchase at Diane's Gift Garden in the hospital**
Carol Carney with Concierge Services
Give her a call at (509) 336-7466
*Participating hotels are Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard by Marriott, and Residence Inn in Pullman. Blackout periods apply.
**Some exclusions apply at Diane's Gift Garden.