Asthma Clinic at Pullman Regional Hospital
A service of the Center for Women’s & Children’s Health
Asthma is a leading health issue for children and adults on the Palouse and can be caused by environmental or genetic factors. While there is no cure for asthma it can be managed through education and treatment.
As part of its focus on women and children’s health, Pullman Regional Hospital is now offering a weekly outpatient Asthma Clinic for adults and pediatric patients with symptoms of asthma. The Asthma Clinic is designed to be an extension of the primary care clinic, said Steve Dunning, RRT, Director of Respiratory Therapy at Pullman Regional Hospital. “We are here to provide the focused education that physicians may not have time to do in the office,” he said.
Debra Cooper, RRT, AE-C, who is certified in asthma education, will oversee the comprehensive education through a nationally recognized curriculum. Cooper will work with a team of respiratory therapists, many of whom have an individual average of more than 30 years of respiratory care experience. The services provided include:
- Determination of asthma level
- Creation of treatment plan
- Learning your triggers and when to seek medical care for asthma
- Learning how to properly use equipment and administer medicine
The Asthma Clinic will be held weekly by appointment. Appointments will be for 30 minute and 1 hour times. Patients must be referred by a physician. For more information, call 509.336.7553 or visit www.pullmanregional.org.
Members of the Respiratory Therapy Team at Pullman Regional Hospital are:
- Steve Dunning, RRT, NPS, Director, 27 years of experience
- Marty Belland, RRT, 30 years of experience
- Debra Cooper, RRT, AE-C, 30 years of experience
- Lorraine LaPant, RRT, 28 years of experience
- Anita Parrott, CNA, 35 years of experience
- Niki Pierce, RRT, 7 years of experience
- Dave Porter, RRT, 25 years of experience
- Deb Rebel, RRT, 36 years of experience
- Janet Schroeder, CRTT, RPSGT, 44 years of experience
- Lori Weber, RRT, 27 years of experience
27 years of experience
Cardiopulmonary Rehab Coordinator
30 years of experience