Women's Wellness Wednesdays
Health Tech Talks
- Lisa Abia-Smith, Director of Education at the University of Oregon's Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art & Senior Instructor in the College of Design- PPPM talks about the relationship between art and healing.
- Brenda Champoux, R.T. (R) (M), registered Radiologic Technologist explains how 3-D Tomosynthesis is used for early detection of breast cancer.
- Austin Swopes, R.T. (R) (CT) (ARRT), Director of Imaging Services breaks down the C-Arm X-Ray System.
- Jesse Holcomb, CNOR, RNFA discusses how the da Vinci Surgical Robot aids in providing quality care & healing.
- Keri Jones, Speech Language Pathologist: discusses how telemedicine has enhanced the speech therapy process.
- Karly Port, Executive Director of Pullman Regional Hospital Clinic Network: talks about addressing rural healthcare needs with telemedicine.
- Joyce Marshall, Director of Nutrition Therapy: talks about how innovation has impacted Nutrition Therapy services.
- Hannah Kimball, Corporate Compliance, HIPAA & Safety Coordinator: discusses MARTTI, an on-demand interpretation service to help providers communicate effectively with patients who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have limited English proficiency.
- Melissa Francik, Registered Nutrition Dietitian and Health & Wellness Coach: talks about health and wellness apps and how to choose the best one for you.
- Dr. Kim Guida: discusses how to get the most out of your telemedicine visit.
- Dr. Katie Caffrey: gives an update about how telepsychiatry has improved access to mental health.
Aging Mastery Program
Funded under a National Council on Aging (NCOA) Grant in 2012, PRHCLI is one of the 26 original NCOA's The Aging Mastery Program® (AMP) partner program sites. AMP is a person-centered wellness program that empowers participants to embrace longevity by spending more time doing things that are good for themselves and for others. The program encourages mastery—developing sustainable behaviors across many dimensions that lead to improved health, stronger economic security, enhanced well-being, and increased societal participation.
Spring 2022 course information coming soon! Email Noel Nicolai for more information.