Washington 2-1-1 provides the most current and comprehensive database of community resources in the State of Washington (over 27,000 listings), which serves as a central access point for connecting Washington’s residents to community resources. These resources include transportation, employment, health care, financial, education, disabilities & more.
Connecting individuals, families, and communities to available resources in Whitman and Latah counties.
Pullman Regional recognizes that a cancer diagnosis can be an overwhelming and confusing time for patients and their families and friends. Finding accurate information is essential to understanding the disease process, existing treatments and resources available. This list of local and national resources will assist you in finding information that is reliable.
- Palouse Oncology & Hematology
- Breast Cancer Support Group | (509) 432-6238
- Candlelighters: American Childhood Cancer Organization Northwest (ACCO)
- Cancer Care Northwest
- American Cancer Society
- National Cancer Institute
Do you or someone you know have diabetes? Managing diabetes often feels like comparing apples to oranges- complicated. Pullman Regional is the place to begin your diabetes education. Our certified staff and support group can help you live well with your diagnosis. This list of local and national resources will assist you in finding information that is reliable.
- Nutrition Therapy Services - We have a Certified Diabetes Educator on staff
- American Diabetes Association
- JDRF - Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund
A healthy heart and a healthy life go hand-in-hand. Heart disease is the number one killer in the US, so learning how to manage your cardiac health can add years to your life. If you want to learn how to prevent heart disease, the following resources will provide reliable and accurate information.
Feel invisible at times? Your pain is real. Finding information that will help others understand your disease, how to treat it and the resources available can start with Pullman Regional Hospital. This list of local and national resources will assist you in finding information that is reliable.
- Fibromyalgia/Lupus Education & Support Group | (509) 336-7404
- National Fibromyalgia Association
- Lupus Foundation of America
Smoking/Tobacco Cessation Resources
Smoking raises your risks for cancer, lung disease, and heart disease. While quitting can be difficult, you don't have to go through it alone. While Pullman Regional Hospital does not offer this service, there are many programs that have been established to help smokers who want to quit. This list of local and national resources will assist you in finding information that is reliable.
- American Lung Association
- Smoke Free
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Smoking and Tobacco
Caregiving, Loss & Grief
Whether you are in the position of caregiver or coping with a loss, it may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now. Pullman Regional would like to offer support as you heal.
- Palouse Caregivers Support Group (509) 332-0365
- Friends of Hospice Community Grief Support Group
- Willow Center
- Circles of Caring Adult Day Services
Concerns about a friend or loved ones forgetfulness that continues to occur coule be more than a simple "senior moment." It is important to speak to a physician about memory loss or other symptoms of Alzheimer's or dementia. Our region offers education and support to those looking for help.
- Circles of Caring Adult Day Services
- Alzheimer's Association
- National Alzheimer's & Dementia Resource Center
Parkinson's Disease does not just affect the person living with it- it affects the entire family and their community of friends. Our certified staff and support group can assist re-establishing both internal and external health. This list of local and national resources will assist you in finding information that is reliable.
- BIG and LOUD programs at Summit Therapy & Health Services
- Northwest Parkinson's Foundation
- Parkinson's Foundation