Empowering Women & Children
Since 2015, the Women’s Leadership Guild has been building a tribe of passionate, take-action, community-focused women who want to empower women and children to live better, healthier lives. Through membership contributions and networking events, the guild awards grants to regional non-profits who provide shelter to homeless families, food to children in need, care for the aging and disabled, and support to grieving and orphaned children. Join us! We want you to experience the joy of helping women and children.
Call for grant applications!
The Women’s Leadership Guild is now considering grant applications for regional non-profits who align with the mission to support women’s and children’s health and wellness. Submit your application to the Women’s Leadership Guild through Pullman Regional Hospital Foundation by August 1st. Click here to download a copy of the application and guidelines.
Women's Leadership Guild funds $16,000 in 2019 grant awards!
Thanks to membership contributions and the power of philanthropy, eight regional non-profits will receive a $2,000 grant to empower women and children through health and wellness programs:
- Albion Food Pantry—supplementing food to those in need in the community of Albion, providing popcorn at community events and offering cooking classes.
- Jefferson Elementary School Outdoor Learning Lab and Garden—creating farm-to-school activities which enhance classroom education through hands-on learning related to food, health, nutrition and agriculture.
- Northwest Cancer Foundation of Hope—directly assisting cancer patients with grants and assistance to help enrich and enhance the lives of those in active cancer treatment.
- Palouse Habitat for Humanity—supplying aluminum ramp components to build 2-5 ramps to assist mobility challenged participants with home access.
- Palouse School Food Pantry—offering nutritious snacks, weekend meals and nutrition education for children whose families indicated there was a need.
- Pullman Child Welfare and Pullman Food Bank—supporting coats for kids, school shoe voucher program, sharing trees, holiday dinner, Thanksgiving dinner, holiday toy drive for children, baby layette program, juvenile services, child protective services and clothing at schools for needs and requests.
- Pullman Schools Pantry Program—funding to supplement the food available for Pullman School District children and their siblings during weekends and long school breaks with backpacks distributed with age appropriate food choices.
- Whitman County Friends of CASA—Supporting volunteers’ continuing education, family visitation activities and family meals at local restaurants for children with a Court Appointed Special Advocate.
Philanthropy at Work in Your Community
100% of your annual tax-deductible membership contribution of $1,000 supports women’s and children’s health:
- 50%: Allocated to Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs
- 50%: Allocated to local agencies through grant awards
Meaningful Membership Benefits
- Experience the power of philanthropy—enhance women’s and children’s health
- Select and award grants to improve the health of women and children on the Palouse
- Stay up-to-date on current women’s and children’s health issues
- Meet passionate, innovative and dedicated women community leaders
- Have fun and make new friends
- Celebrate our success at an annual affair
- General Membership Meetings (4/year) provide a rich experience to all members through:
- Celebration of new members and recognition of current
- Educational presentations on critical and emerging needs related to regional women’s and children’s health
- Networking and social engagements in a casual, inclusive environment
- Review and award grants to local agencies aligned with guild core values
- Hands-On Activities (2-3): visit and see first-hand how local agencies needing our support serve our community
- Grant Award Celebration: celebrate the impact of awarded grants and learn about results
Flexible membership: 20 hours a year The Women’s Leadership Guild welcomes all women who want to make an impact through focused, collective philanthropy.
Join us, and experience the power of philanthropy.
Contact Angie Feuerstein, Women's Leadership Guild Chair (509) 432-8894 email@example.com or
Stephanie Pierce (509) 332-2044 firstname.lastname@example.org at the Pullman Regional Hospital Foundation to learn more.
- Ashley Alred
- Linda Bailey
- Suzanne Barrington
- Karlene Beaumont
- Shelley Bennett
- Verna Bergmann
- Bernadette Berney
- Kristina Brennan
- Lynda Carey
- BJ Carlson
- Carol Chipman
- Brenda Cleven
- Carrie Coen
- Karen Davis- Morris
- Jean Druffel
- Michelle Ellinwood
- Anna Engle
- Jackie Eveland
- Jeannie Eylar
- Angie Feuerstein
- Karen Fischer
- Ginger Flynn
- Tricia Grantham
- Vicki Jahns
- Kate Kamerrer
- Karen Karpman
- Lynn Kramer
- Virginia Martinson
- Kristine Meyer
- Sandy O'Keefe
- Stacy Pearson
- Kathleen Peringer
- Stephanie Pierce
- Noel Schulz
- Susie Skavdahl
- Stacey Swift
- Amy Tull
- Barbara Wachter
- Alison Weigley
- Nicole Whitehead
- Sandra Woodrow
- Pat Wright
- Katie Wyngarden
- Verna Yockey