Since 2015, the Women’s Leadership Guild has been building a tribe of passionate, take-action, community-focused women who want to empower women and children to live better, healthier lives. Through membership contributions and networking events, the guild awards grants to regional non-profits who provide shelter to homeless families, food to children in need, care for the aging and disabled, and support to grieving and orphaned children. Since 2015, the Women's Leadership Guild has successfully raised more than $240,000 in funds to support local non-profits and the hospital's highest needs. Join us! We want you to experience the joy of helping women and children.
Women's Leadership Guild funds $10,000 in 2021-2022 grant awards!
Thanks to membership contributions and the power of philanthropy, five regional non-profits will receive a $2,000 grant to empower women and children through health and wellness programs:
- Community Action Center—funding to support the Mobile Farm Stand to provide diapers and nutritious food for families in need.
- Palouse Habitat for Humanity—funding to support the Palouse Habitat Surplus Sale to help those starting over after the Pine Creek Community Fire and those escaping domestic violence through Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse.
- Northwest Cancer Foundation of Hope—financially assisting cancer patients living in Whitman and Latah County to help enrich and enhance the lives of those in active cancer treatment.
- Palouse Discovery Science Center—supporting Mudskippers, an outdoor program to engage children, their siblings, and caregivers in curiosity and exploration outside.
- YMCA of the Palouse- financially supporting one-on-one tutoring services to youth in the Pullman School District for any child needing help, at no cost to families.
Philanthropy at Work in Your Community
100% of your annual tax-deductible membership contribution of $1,000 supports women’s and children’s health:
- 50%: Allocated to Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs
- 50%: Allocated to local agencies through grant awards
Meaningful Membership Benefits
- Experience the power of philanthropy—enhance women’s and children’s health
- Select and award grants to improve the health of women and children on the Palouse
- Stay up-to-date on current women’s and children’s health issues
- Meet passionate, innovative and dedicated women community leaders
- Have fun and make new friends
- Celebrate our success at an annual affair
- General Membership Meetings (4/year) provide a rich experience to all members through:
- Celebration of new members and recognition of current
- Educational presentations on critical and emerging needs related to regional women’s and children’s health
- Networking and social engagements in a casual, inclusive environment
- Review and award grants to local agencies aligned with guild core values
- Hands-On Activities (2-3): visit and see first-hand how local agencies needing our support serve our community
- Grant Award Celebration: celebrate the impact of awarded grants and learn about results
Flexible membership: 20 hours a year The Women’s Leadership Guild welcomes all women who want to make an impact through focused, collective philanthropy.
Join us, and experience the power of philanthropy.
Stephanie Pierce (509) 332-2044 firstname.lastname@example.org at the Pullman Regional Hospital Foundation to learn more.
Katie Van Wyngarden