2022 Women's Leadership Guild Grant Awards
Five local non-profits were awarded $2,000 each by the Pullman Regional Hospital Women’s Leadership Guild for this year’s grant cycle. Now in its eighth year, the Women’s Leadership Guild has raised and gifted more than $265,750 to support women’s and children’s health and wellness and Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs.
- Lauren McCluskey Foundation: will use funds to display “Lauren’s Promise Safety Cards” in public and private restrooms to help victims access the national dating abuse hotline.
- Palouse Discovery Science Center: will continue to fund the Mudskippers Outdoor Group for early learners, their caregivers and siblings. Funds will also help provide tools to improve access and accessibility to the nature loop used in the program.
- Palouse School Food Pantry: will deliver nutritious snacks to children through the school food pantry.
- United Way of Whitman County: Will partner with the Dolly Parton Imagination Library to send an age appropriate book every month to enrolled children ages 0-5 at no cost to the families.
- Willow Center for Grieving Children: will send children to Camp Erin, a children’s grief camp, in the summer of 2023 for children who have lost loved ones.
Since 2015, the Women’s Leadership Guild has been building a tribe of passionate, take-action, community-focused women who want to empower women and children to live better, healthier lives. Through membership contributions and networking events, the guild awards grants to regional non-profits who provide shelter to homeless families, food to children in need, care for the aging and disabled, and support to grieving and orphaned children. Since 2015, the Women's Leadership Guild has successfully raised more than $240,000 in funds to support local non-profits and the hospital's highest needs. Join us! We want you to experience the joy of helping women and children.
Philanthropy at Work in Your Community
100% of your annual tax-deductible membership contribution of $1,000 supports women’s and children’s health:
- 50%: Allocated to Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs
- 50%: Allocated to local agencies through grant awards
Meaningful Membership Benefits
- Experience the power of philanthropy—enhance women’s and children’s health
- Select and award grants to improve the health of women and children on the Palouse
- Stay up-to-date on current women’s and children’s health issues
- Meet passionate, innovative and dedicated women community leaders
- Have fun and make new friends
- Celebrate our success at an annual affair
- General Membership Meetings (4/year) provide a rich experience to all members through:
- Celebration of new members and recognition of current
- Educational presentations on critical and emerging needs related to regional women’s and children’s health
- Networking and social engagements in a casual, inclusive environment
- Review and award grants to local agencies aligned with guild core values
- Hands-On Activities (2-3): visit and see first-hand how local agencies needing our support serve our community
- Grant Award Celebration: celebrate the impact of awarded grants and learn about results
Flexible membership: 20 hours a year The Women’s Leadership Guild welcomes all women who want to make an impact through focused, collective philanthropy.
Join us, and experience the power of philanthropy.
Stephanie Pierce (509) 332-2044 firstname.lastname@example.org at the Pullman Regional Hospital Foundation to learn more.
Katie Van Wyngarden