Empowering Women & Children
Since 2015, the Women’s Leadership Guild has been building a tribe of passionate, take-action, community-focused women who want to empower women and children to live better, healthier lives. Through membership contributions and networking events, the guild awards grants to regional non-profits who provide shelter to homeless families, food to children in need, care for the aging and disabled, and support to grieving and orphaned children. Join us! We want you to experience the joy of helping women and children.
Women's Leadership Guild funds $20,000 in 2020-2021 grant awards!
Thanks to membership contributions and the power of philanthropy, four regional non-profits will receive a $5,000 grant to empower women and children through health and wellness programs:
- Families Together for People with Disabilities—funding for support groups for parents and caregivers of children with disabilities.
- Jefferson Elementary School PTA Outdoor Learning Lab and Garden—funding to support outdoor learning projects and a raised garden bed garden at Kamiak Elementary school.
- Northwest Cancer Foundation of Hope—financially assisting cancer patients living in Whitman and Latah County to help enrich and enhance the lives of those in active cancer treatment.
- Pullman Community Council on Aging, Meals on Wheel—supporting Meals on Wheels hot-meal delivery service to seniors and meeting the increase in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Philanthropy at Work in Your Community
100% of your annual tax-deductible membership contribution of $1,000 supports women’s and children’s health:
- 50%: Allocated to Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs
- 50%: Allocated to local agencies through grant awards
Meaningful Membership Benefits
- Experience the power of philanthropy—enhance women’s and children’s health
- Select and award grants to improve the health of women and children on the Palouse
- Stay up-to-date on current women’s and children’s health issues
- Meet passionate, innovative and dedicated women community leaders
- Have fun and make new friends
- Celebrate our success at an annual affair
- General Membership Meetings (4/year) provide a rich experience to all members through:
- Celebration of new members and recognition of current
- Educational presentations on critical and emerging needs related to regional women’s and children’s health
- Networking and social engagements in a casual, inclusive environment
- Review and award grants to local agencies aligned with guild core values
- Hands-On Activities (2-3): visit and see first-hand how local agencies needing our support serve our community
- Grant Award Celebration: celebrate the impact of awarded grants and learn about results
Flexible membership: 20 hours a year The Women’s Leadership Guild welcomes all women who want to make an impact through focused, collective philanthropy.
Join us, and experience the power of philanthropy.
Contact Angie Feuerstein, Women's Leadership Guild Chair (509) 432-8894 email@example.com or
Stephanie Pierce (509) 332-2044 firstname.lastname@example.org at the Pullman Regional Hospital Foundation to learn more.
- Ashley Alred
- Karlene Beaumont
- Shelley Bennett
- Verna Bergmann
- Bernadette Berney
- Lynda Carey
- Carol Chipman
- Brenda Cleven
- Carrie Coen
- Karen Davis- Morris
- Jean Druffel
- Michelle Ellinwood
- Anna Engle
- Jeannie Eylar
- Angie Feuerstein
- Ginger Flynn
- Tricia Grantham
- Vicki Jahns
- Kate Kamerrer
- Karen Karpman
- Lynn Kramer
- Virginia Martinson
- Sandy O'Keefe
- Stacy Pearson
- Kathleen Peringer
- Stephanie Pierce
- Noel Schulz
- Susie Skavdahl
- Stacey Swift
- Amy Tull
- Barbara Wachter
- Alison Weigley
- Nicole Whitehead
- Sandra Woodrow
- Pat Wright
- Katie Wyngarden