- Childbirth 101: Learning about the childbirth experience will help you feel prepared, confident, and ready for the birth of your baby. In this 4-week series, you'll learn about:
- Preparation for labor and birth
- Pain management options
- Interventions such as inductions and Cesareans
- Basic baby care and feeding
- Postpartum care
- Weekend Childbirth Workshop: This class allows you to learn about the same topics offered in the Childbirth 101 course, in a one-day format, with the same goal of helping you prepare for a new addition to the family and feel confident in delivering and caring for your newborn.
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Class: If you are planning to breastfeed, or you’re just considering your options, this class will give you (and your partner) the tools you need to get your baby off to a healthy start. This 2-hour class will cover the following topics:
- Why to breastfeed
- How to breastfeed
- How to know baby is getting enough to eat
- Preventing and treating common challenges
- Expressing/pumping and storing breast milk
- How partners can support breastfeeding moms
- Breastfeeding Support Group: a free offering for parents of young babies/toddlers and those expecting where they can connect with other parents to discuss, troubleshoot, and gain accurate information on breastmilk feeding in a warm, fun, and friendly environment led by an IBCLC.
Health & Wellness Classes
- Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program: Learn how to balance your eating this new year with this virtual mindful eating program. For $150, experience 8 weekly virtual workshops via Zoom, Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30pm starting January 11. Class includes a book and workbook. To register: call (509) 336-7543.