The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune SYstem) Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day. The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, they deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say “thank you” to nurses in a very public way. Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a nurse at Pullman Regional Hospital made a difference you will never forget!
Our DAISY Award committee created the following criteria based on our hospital's core values.
- Established a special connection with the patient and their family.
- Worked well with the healthcare team to meet patient and family needs.
- Included the patient and family in the planning of their care.
- Did an excellent job educating the patient and their family.
- Made the patient and their family feel comfortable.
- Exemplifies the mission, vision and values of Pullman Regional Hospital.
- Demonstrates extraordinary clinical skills in the delivery of compassionate patient care (went above and beyond).
Nominate Your Nurse
If you have been the recipient of extraordinary care by a nurse and would like to nominate her or him, please choose one of the options below:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your nomination. Please include the name and unit of your nurse, along with a description of how he or she impacted you in a positive way.
- Download & print the nomination form on the right side of this page and drop off at a nomination station in the hospital, or mail to the following address: ATTN: Clinical Coordinator Pullman Regional Hospital 835 SE Bishop Blvd. Pullman, WA 99163
DAISY Award Winners:
Linda Rauch, R.N., Birthplace - February 15th, 2018
Brittney Kitto, R.N., MSU- August7th, 2018
Nicole Weiss, R.N., Obstetrics - November 27th, 2018
Nate James, R.N., Same Day Surgery - March 4th, 2019
Mark Houghton, R.N., ICU - August 23rd, 2019
Blake Brackin, R.N., MSU - November 12th, 2019