Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary
Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary exists to support patient comfort and healing needs through fundraising activities.
Have-A-Heart Fundraiser (now through February 9th)
Surprise your Valentine with a fun and creative gift this year! Choose from seven different package combinations of See's Candy, cookies, and stuffed toys. All packages include a personalized card and FREE delivery within the Pullman city limits. Or, pick up your package at Diane’s Gift Garden in Pullman Regional Hospital, Tuesday, Feb. 14th from 8am to 6pm. Place your order by February 9th. Download the order form, or pick one up at the Pullman Regional Hospital Gift Garden.
Leadership Position Available!
We need your help! We have a key role to fill:
The Vice-President shall preside at all meetings in the absence of the President; shall serve as chair of the annual membership drive; maintain a current membership list; and shall coordinate with Assistant Director of Development the scheduling of hospital facilities for Board of Directors. This two-year term will transition into the role as Auxiliary President. Contact Jackie Sue Wilkins to learn more: 509-334-1217, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Auxiliary
The Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary is a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization that exists to support patient comfort and healing needs for Pullman Regional Hospital. The Auxiliary is managed by a volunteer board of directors and has a hospital liaison which supports Auxiliary activities. The Auxiliary makes annual financial contributions to Pullman Regional Hospital for the purchase of patient care items. Since its inception in 1968, the Auxiliary has donated more than $511,230 towards patient care to Pullman Regional Hospital. The Auxiliary does this by operating the Gift Garden and by putting on unique volunteer supported fundraisers.
2016-17 Auxiliary Board of Directors
- Jackie Sue Wilkins, President
- Sharon Hall, Past-President
- Wesley Ann Schulhauser, Vice President
- Lynda Carey, Treasurer
- Marie Weiss, Secretary
- Sue Hinz, Newsletter Editor
- Sharon Adams, Gift Garden Actuary
- Beverly Poole, Activities Chair
- Nikki Nolt, Gift Garden Manager
- Diane Wilson, Past Gift Garden Manager
We Make a Significant Impact on Patient Care
This year, hospital departments were granted their requests for funding totaling $20,174 for patient comfort care items. Each Spring, hospital department leaders may submit requests for funding of items. These are elements that do not meet the requirements for capital expenditures but are deemed necessary by the departments to make patients' hospital stays more comfortable. The auxiliary has generously funded these requests since 1968.
2016 Auxiliary Grants:
- Stuffed Animals for Children Visiting the Emergency Department: $500
- Pediatric Patient Care items devoted to minimize the trauma for Same Day Surgery, Medical-Surgical and ICU pediatric patients: $1,500
- 70 Specialty Maternity Gowns for BirthPlace: $1,862
- 8 Ultrasound Gel Warmers for BirthPlace: $968
- End-of-Life Nursing Education Training for two Emergency Department nurses: $2,500
- Fleece for Comfort Care Blankets hand-tied by hospital staff: $500
- Waiting Room Loveseats and Tables for Summit Therapy patients: $4,769
- Stuffed Animals for children having their blood drawn: $500
- iPod shuffles, headphones, power cords, chargers, cables, iTunes cards and annual certification for Volunteer run Music and Memory program: $500
- Donation of an iPad and funding for children's protective case for ICU/Medical Surgical Unit: $50 +iPad
- Sensory Toys for Pediatric Patients used by the Pullman Feeding Team for Children: $945
- Pedometers and Yoga Mats for Healthy Steps Together weight management program coordinated by Nutrition Therapy and Pharmacy: $630
- Volunteer Music Training education support for Volunteer Services: $2,950
- Anesthesia/Injection Training model for hospital surgical, imaging and anesthesia departments: $2,000
Auxiliary Volunteer Opportunities
When you become an Auxiliary member, you join a group of dedicated community members who are an integral part of the Pullman Regional Hospital family. The Auxiliary depends on volunteers just like you. We make every attempt to match your skills, interests and availability.
Christmas Tree Raffle—Committee members recruit individuals and businesses to decorate a table-top tree to be raffled during the Christmas season. The committee delivers undecorated trees, picks up decorated trees and transports them to the hospital and to the Holiday Tea.
Gift Garden—Gift Garden volunteers keep the gift shop running so hospital visitors can buy gifts and cards for patients and staff. Our gift shop is operated by Auxiliary volunteers. Gift Garden volunteers must also be on record with the hospital as a Community Volunteer.
Have-A-Heart—Volunteers take orders for chocolate, cookies, balloons and stuffed animals for delivery or pickup on Valentine’s Day. Volunteers assemble orders and deliver to the recipients.
Holiday Tea—In December, Auxiliary members, their friends and community members are invited to this traditional High Tea. Volunteers assist in baking, serving and/or hosting a table.
Special Events—The Auxiliary needs volunteers to set up, decorate and staff event booths for fairs, festivals and community events.
Contacting Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary
Wesley Ann Schulhauser, Auxiliary Vice President (509) 332-2110 or email@example.com