Women's Leadership Guild
Improving women’s and children’s health and wellness by supporting Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs and community needs through the impact of informed, focused philanthropy.
Attend a meeting, and experience the Women's Leadership Guild!
Tuesday, April 18th | 6:30pm to 7:30pm | Venue: Washington Trust Bank, 670 SE Bishop Blvd, Pullman
Special Presentation by: Jen Greeny, WSU Head Volleyball Coach and 2016 Pac-12 Coach of the Year
Food/beverage provided, free and open to the public.
Women's Leadership Guild funds $10,000 in 2016-17 grant awards!
Thanks to membership contributions and the power of philanthropy, five regional non-profits will receive a $2,000 grant to empower women and children through health and wellness programs:
- Backyard Harvest—afterschool and summer garden curriculum and nutrition education component of the Palouse YMCA afterschool and summer programs which target children ages 5 to 12 years.
- Community Action Center, Food Bank Garden Program—ingredient and supply costs in offering free, food, nutrition, and gardening educational opportunities (scratch cooking classes and food budgeting classes) to underserved women and children.
- Families Together for People with Disabilities—parent education classes to provide parents of a special needs child, age birth to three, education, tools and support for healthy emotional development, promote positive parent-child relationships and reduce the chances of child abuse and neglect.
- Family Promise of the Palouse—funding to support homeless families obtain a stable income and housing by supplying hygiene and first aid products, gas cards, and supporting parenting classes and Day Center supplies.
- Northwest Children’s Home, Inc.—funding to support the safety, mental health, education and care of up to 70 children who have experienced trauma due to abuse and neglect by contributing to a new wellness center and equipment.
Philanthropy at Work in Your Community
100% of your annual tax-deductible membership contribution of $1,000 supports women’s and children’s health:
- 50%: Allocated to Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs for women and children, identified through the Annual Giving for Excellence fund drive
- 50%: Allocated to local agencies through grant awards
Meaningful Membership Benefits
- Experience the power of philanthropy—enhance women’s and children’s health
- Select and award grants to improve the health of women and children on the Palouse
- Stay up-to-date on current women’s and children’s health issues
- Meet passionate, innovative and dedicated women community leaders
- Have fun and make new friends
- Celebrate our success at an annual affair
- General Membership Meetings (4/year) provide a rich experience to all members through:
- Celebration of new members and recognition of current
- Educational presentations on critical and emerging needs related to regional women’s and children’s health
- Networking and social engagements in a casual, inclusive environment
- Review and award grants to local agencies aligned with guild core values
- Hands-On Activities (2-3): visit and see first-hand how local agencies needing our support serve our community
- Grant Award Celebration: celebrate the impact of awarded grants and learn about results
Flexible membership: 20 hours a year
The Women’s Leadership Guild welcomes all women who want to make an impact through focused, collective philanthropy.
Join us, and experience the power of philanthropy.
Contact Angie Feuerstein, Women's Leadership Guild Chair (509) 432-8894 firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie Pierce (509) 332-2044 email@example.com at the Pullman Regional Hospital Foundation to learn more.