Make a Difference
The Auxiliary is looking for new members! Join the Auxiliary to be part of a community dedicated to supporting patient comfort and healing needs at Pullman Regional Hospital. Through annual fundraising events, volunteer opportunities, and operating Diane’s Gift Garden, the Auxiliary is able to make annual financial contributions to the hospital for the purchase of patient care items.
- Diane's Gift Garden - Use your excellent people skills to volunteer in Diane's Gift Garden to help hospital visitors find the perfect cards and gifts for patients and staff. Gift Garden volunteers must also be on record with the hospital as a Community Volunteer.
- Have-a-Heart - Participate in the annual Valentine's Day fundraiser by collecting, assembling, and delivering orders of chocolate, cookies, balloons and stuffed animals.
- Christmas Tree Raffle - Help the committee recruit individuals and businesses to decorate a table-top tree to be raffled during the Christmas season. Your duties may include delivering the undecorated trees, picking up the decorated trees, and transporting them to the hospital and to the Holiday Tea for the raffle.
- Spring Tea - In the spring, Auxiliary members, their friends and community members are invited to this traditional High Tea. Volunteers assist in baking, serving and/or hosting a table.
- Special Events - The Auxiliary is often involved in various community events. As an event volunteer, you would help set up, decorate, and staff event booths.
We Make a Significant Impact on Patient Care
This year, 10 grants were awarded totaling $38,000! The auxiliary has generously funded requests since 1968, bringing their total funding to more than $752,000!
Congratulations to this year’s grant recipients:
- Medical Surgical Unit & ICU – Butterfly iQ Ultrasound System with case and iPad for faster and less painful IV access.
- BirthPlace – Halo Sleep Sack for every newborn.
- BirthPlace – Massage chair for patients and family members.
- Volunteer Services – Rice bag materials for hand sewn rice bags given to each new mom and inpatients.
- Nutrition – Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) training for staff to support pediatric patients with feeding challenges.
- Palouse Pediatrics – Waiting room toys and books to occupy and engage children while waiting for their doctor’s appointment.
- Summit Therapy – Sensory items for pediatric therapy sessions.
- Summit Therapy – iPad mount for interpretative technology.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab – Replacement of outdated rehabilitation equipment for patients in the 36-week cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs.
- Palliative Care – Palliative Care Training and supplies for families and patients in the palliative care program.
Your support of Diane’s Gift Garden, Have-a-Heart, the Christmas Tree Raffle and becoming a member of the auxiliary made these grants possible. Thank YOU for your continued support and thank you to our auxilians that do such a great job with their funds!