Acupuncture is accepted by the National Institute of Health for a wide variety of medical conditions, including neuro-muscular-skeletal problems, internal medicine, and mental health conditions.
Through the use of fine, sterile needles, acupuncture restores balance to the body while treating underlying patterns that keep us from optimal health. The insertion typically cannot be felt so most people find acupuncture treatments very relaxing and many even fall asleep.
Traditional Oriental Medicine, which includes acupuncture, Chinese herbs, nutrition and lifestyle recommendations, treats a full spectrum of conditions that include:
- Pain: back pain, sciatica, neck and shoulder pain, headache, joint pain, fibromyalgia, neuropathy
- Respiratory: allergy, asthma, frequent colds, sinusitis
- Digestive: nausea, vomiting, reflux, IBS, constipation, weight loss
- Women's Health: endometriosis, infertility, PMS, irregular or painful periods, perimenopause, menopause
- Emotional: stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia