Nutrition and physical fitness are the foundations of a healthy lifestyle. Food is integral to our lives. We eat not only to nourish our bodies for growth, work and play, but also for pleasure. We realize the importance of healthy eating habits, but obtaining the most accurate information isn’t easy. Pullman Regional Hospital’s Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are here to help.
How our Dietitian Nutritionists can help:
They use their expertise to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes by offering personalized nutrition counseling in a wide variety of areas. These include:
- Healthy food choices for all age groups
- Cardiovascular disease
- Eating Disorders
- Gastrointestinal disease (e.g. gluten intolerance, irritable bowel, diverticulosis)
- Food intolerance/allergies
- Weight management
- Sports Nutrition
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Other health concerns requiring nutritional care
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I expect? An initial visit will last approximately 1-1.5 hours. During that time, the dietitian will listen and gather your background information and health goals related to nutrition. She will work with you in developing an individualized plan for achieving your goals. More than one session may be required to help you reach positive outcomes.
Does insurance cover Nutrition Therapy? Many insurance plans will cover the visits. Some insurances require a referral from a health care provider. Check with your insurance to verify coverage. Our hospital will bill your insurance.
What if I do not have insurance? Without insurance, you may qualify for Pullman Regional Hospital’s assistance program. Self-pay options are also available.
Other services we offer
- Community nutrition education classes, health fairs, and presentations as requested
- Healthy Steps Together program - A 12-week comprehensive weight management program
Contact Nutrition Therapy for more information or to make an appointment: