Supporting a Child-Friendly Hospital Experience
We understand how important it is to make the healthcare experience as seamless and comfortable as possible for kids and their families. Pullman Regional Hospital has made providing a coordinated approach to pediatric needs a priority.
We are committed to offering services for your child that can help make the experience as positive as possible.
Assistance for your child can include, but is not limited to:
- Laboratory draws
- Diagnostic procedures
- Radiology procedures
- Outpatient needs through Same Day Services
- Create a child-friendly environment
- Offer additional staff support to children and families
- Provide distraction and child engagement
- Coordinate appointments and follow-up care
- Provide inpatient consults
- Assistance in social service needs
Helping Children, Families, and Providers
- Children - Reducing pediatric pain and anxiety during stressful or painful experiences encountered with medical care is a top priority. The use of additional support and distraction techniques has proven to significantly improve outcomes and reduce anxiety for future medical experiences. We utilize a variety of distraction techniques such as blowing bubbles, reading books, playing with toys, singing, playing interactive games, and the use of Virtual Reality (VR).
- Families - When your child needs services at the hospital, it can feel overwhelming. We are committed to provide a child-friendly hospital experience through support, engagement, and distraction therapies for added comfort.
- Providers - The Pediatric Care Coordinator works to facilitate support to physicians and clinical staff as a liaison to children and their families. Providers can be assured that their pediatric patients are receiving the highest level of expertise and support available when utilizing this service at Pullman Regional Hospital.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access Pediatric Care Coordination?
You can call the Pediatric Care Coordinator direct line at (509) 336-7564 and leave a message to schedule your appointment or ask any questions you may have. She will return your message within one business day.
Can anyone utilize Pediatric Care Coordination?
Yes! There are no restrictions to utilizing this service. Please call to learn how we might best be able to support your child's needs.
Is there an additional charge for the service?
No, this service is complimentary for any families requesting support for their child.