As part of The Next Era of Excellence, Pullman Regional Hospital Foundation is
- raising funds for state-of- the-art medical technology & equipment,
- a new electronic medical record system,
- and constructing clinical and educational space for a Family Medicine Residency Program.
A Vision for a Family Medicine Residency Program in Pullman:
- The opportunity to create a robust curriculum and train future physicians in leadership, business, and team-based care.
- 70% of medical school graduates in Washington will establish a medical practice in the state where they complete their undergraduate and graduate medical education.
- Some studies have shown that more than half (56%) of family medicine residents stay within 100 miles of where they graduate from residency.
- To date, there are 175 statewide residency and fellowship programs, yet only 13 are located in eastern Washington.
- Our program is currently 1 of 3 in the nation working to establish a full residency program within a critical access hospital.
Family Medicine Residency Program
At the heart of healthcare are family medicine physicians. These doctors provide comprehensive health care through all stages of life, developing lasting, caring relationships with patients and their families.
There is a critical need for family medicine physicians nationwide. The state of Washington
is no exception. In rural areas, such as eastern Washington, it’s one of the most difficult fields of
medicine to recruit and retain physicians.
Washington State University’s Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine and Pullman Regional
Hospital are partnering to develop a solution by creating a Family Medicine Residency Program
based in Pullman, WA.
A residency program accreditation requirement, by the Accreditation Council for Graduate
Medical Education (ACGME), is dedicated clinical and educational space.
Pullman Regional Hospital is committing space within the hospital for the residency program.
Philanthropy is essential as we take the next step forward to ensure Pullman recruits, trains and is home to doctors of the highest caliber.
Electronic Medical Record
One patient. One record. Our hospital is investing in a community-wide electronic medical
record to provide patients one complete and up-to-date digital medical record. Upgrading to EPIC, the most used electronic medical record system in the United States and state of
Washington, can improve communication between care providers.
It could also reduce expensive repeat tests such as MRIs and blood draws, eliminate paper forms, and give patients immediate access to all of their medical information, all in one place.
State-of-the-art Medical Technology
At Pullman Regional Hospital, we value our exceptional physicians and care providers by
investing in state-of-the-art medical equipment to put the best tools in their hands.
Give today to ensure quality healthcare for your family and generations of families to come.